A religious Lyricist…..
Muzaffar Warsi, whose real name was Muhammad Muzaffarud Din Sadiqqui, was born in a family of religious scholar Alhaaj Muhammad Sharif ud Din Ahamd known as Sufi Warsi on December 20, 1933 in the Indian city of Merath.
Because of his father, Muzaffar Warsi was more inclined towards Islamic rituals and philosophy. At the same time he had developed a creative approach through his writings which was subsequently converted into poetry. As Muzaffar Warsi was basically a religious inclined poet, so what so ever he has written was always ended up with on a religious node.
Muzaffar Warsi’s Poetry
Mostly he laid emphasis on Hamd O Naat poetry, with this he also had a very melodious way of reciting his poems, some of the famous are:-
As a Author and Film Lyricist
Other than poetry he had written several essays, hycoes , his autobiography Gaye dinon ka suraagh and used to write quatrains for Nawa-i-Waqt a daily newspaper of Pakistan. During his initial period he has also written songs for films as well which includes Hamrahi (1966) and all the songs proved the super hit songs of that era, here are the details:-
- Ho geyi zindgi mujhay pyari, mil gaye jab se ghamgusar mujhe
- Karm ki ik nazar ham par Khudara, ya Rasululah
- Keya kahun ae duniya walo, keya hun mein, dekh lo ke tum jeisa hon mein
- Maan bhi jao guria Rani, nahin roothna achha
- Mujhay chhor kar akela, kahin door jane walay
- Naqsha teri judai ka zakhm-e-jiggar mein hai, dil mein hai
- Qadm qadm peh neye dukh hayn zindgi kay liye
- Yaad karta hay zamana, unhi insano ko, rook letey hain jo barhate hoye tofano ko
Honors and Awards
- Pride of performance
- Faseeh ul Hind
- Sharaf u shu’ara
Demise of the Artist
Pride of performance, renowned poet and naat khawan Muzaffar Warsi passed away on 28 January 2011 after protracted illness. He had been suffering from multiple diseases for the last two years and on Friday 28 January 2011 he suddenly fell unconscious and died on way to hospital, he was 88 at the time of his death.
Latest News / Events
NC so far…….
This feature (article) need additional input so if you have some details about it, you may assist by sharing the information. Please support us in compiling the first ever directory of Pakistani cinematic and its related artifacts.