Bilal Lashari’s Waar is the most anticipated and hyped Pakistani film, which was also a hit at the local box office, is the highest rated feature film of 2013, according to Internet movie database. The movie was given a rating of 9.1 out of 10 in a polling based on more than 10,000 users rating, ranking above films like The Wolf of Wall Street and Gravity. It is worth mentioning here that Indian film Bhaag Milkha Bhaag reached at a position of number eight. Bilal Lashari, the director of the film excitedly expressed his emotions that it was not just a reaction to a film, but a show of immense love and support from proud fellow Pakistanis and a new beginning for our national cinema. Waar was released on 42 screens in all over Pakistan and set a new record of box office collection pertaining to Eid openings after a first day opening of Rs. 11.4 million the big budget flick earned a total of Rs. 42.6 million within a week breaking all previous records of Eid collections.
All possible details about the movie are appended below…….
|Shaan – – – as Major Mujtaba|
|Shamoon Abbasi – – – as Ramal an Indian spy|
|Meesha Shafi – – – as Laxmi, Indian spy|
|Ali Azmat – – – as Ejaz Khan a politician|
|Hamza Ali Abbasi – – – as Ehtesham|
|Bilal Lashari – – – as Ali a sniper by profession|
|Ayesha Khan – – – as Javeria an intelligence officer (Zoya)|
|Kamran Lashari – – – as Head of security wing|
|Batin Farooqi – – – as Militant|
|Uzma Khan – – – as wife of Mujtaba|
Complete credited cast: NC
Film Details with Crew
|Released Date:||October 16, 2013|
Hassan Waqas Rana
Jamil Ahmed — Line Producer
|Writer / Story:||Hassan Waqas Rana|
Khawar Riaz — makeup artist
Rana Sarmad Umair
Muhammad Kamran (Unit Production Manager)
|Studio Engineer:||Hasil Qureshi|
|Sound Recordist:||Muhammad Naseer|
|Assistant Director:||Muhammad Kamran|
Syed Waqar Alam — visual effects artist
Shayan Latif Sheikh
Studio MindWorks Media
Off Road Studios
(for one song each)
|Language:||English with some dialogues in Urdu|
|Genre:||Drama l Fiction|
|Run Time:||130 minutes|
|Sound Format:||Dts, Dolby Digital, Stereophonic
The story of Waar revolves around Major Mujhtaba (Played by Shan), a retired army officer who has taken pre-mature release from the Army because of his own personal reasons. The theme of the film involves a counter-terrorism operation being conducted in the Northwestern tribal region of Pakistan, headd by Ehtesham (played by Hamza Ali Abbasi) and coordinated by an intelligence officer played by Ayesha. A major terrorist attack was revealed through intelligence resources so Ehtesham and the intelligence officer planned to assist Major Mujtaba who is determined to counter the preemptive.
On the other hand, the RAW agents Ramal (Shamoon Abbasi) and Laxmi (Meesha Shafi) are the primary cause of most trouble in Pakistan. As per unfolding of the film, they are behind political murders, suicide bombings and even kidnapping. There is another RAW agent who works as a social worker by day and honey-traps willing politicians by nights. Accordingly a special task force of the police is trying to tackle terrorism in the tribal areas but there comes a time when they realize that country is about to be hit by a terrorist attack and none but the retired Major Ehtesham can lead such a complicated operation.
- Waar Was released on October 16, 2013, other released Details:
- The theatrical trailer of Waar was launched in January 2012, followed with detail in January 2013. Announcement of the release of the film kept on changing one after the other, initially it was scheduled to release on 6 September 2013.
- The film premiered on 10 October at Karachi and on 14 October 2013 at Islamabad
- The film was given adults-only rating by the Sindh’s provincial censor board for use of obscene language and violence
- Waar was released in about forty five theaters across the country
- The film was distributed by ARY Films and Mandviwalla Entertainment, earlier it was reported that the film would be distributed by Warner Bros.
- The film is reported to be released in twenty five countries and is all set to be released in the UK . including India.
- Waar released on UAE cinemas on December 12, where the movie actors graced the red carpet at the Grand Cinema, Wafi City.
- Waar released in cinemas across UK on January 17, 2014.
October 16, 2013